In Croatian culture, spending time with friends and family eating good food is so crucial to daily lives and we love this time of year, filled with sunshine, eating outdoors, either on the beach, in the garden, or wherever we can basque in the rays!
Having a picnic or bbq in Croatia, the main showstopper on the table is the meat and fish! Nothing too fancy, just good quality, tasty sized portions of fresh, succulent and most of all grilled to perfection.
If you want to create a Croatian inspired picnic yourself, we’ve created some tips and recipe inspiration for something truly tasty and a bit unique:
1. Add a splash of zing to your fish with lemon olive oil before placing on the BBQ to ensure the skin is extra crispy and has a fresh flavour!
2. Love pizza? how about some delicious truffle salami as a topping on any home made pizza! Yet want to add even more taste? Truffle cheese! Once you’ve tried it you’ll wonder what you ever did without it.
3. Vegetarians, try our truffle honey, dripped over cheese and crusty bread, that sweet salty delight. Or why not grab some truffle pate,spread on tartines, or dipping in crudites, it’s a fragrant delicious taste
4. Charcuterie, grab some sliced meat – Kulin Galovic, an easy crowd pleaser to nibble on, by itself or in some fresh bread of your choice, it’s divine with truffle tapenade too!
5. Drizzle some fig vinegar on your salad to get that healthy hit of calcium, as well as tasty sweet and sour sauce
6. Sweet Tooth? Our chocolate spread over fresh fruit salad, a true crowd pleaser! Choose from one of our three tasty flavours
7. Wine? We have lots of options, we’d recommend Skrlet as it’s tastiest in the sunshine!
8. Or why not grab some truffle tapenade – black & white truffle with cream cheese, ‘The posh Philadelphia!’ spread on tartines, or dipping in crudites with some delicious smoked salmon on the side!
9. Our outstanding cold pressed olive oil from Istria voted best region in the world for olive oil ( ‘Flos Oli 2016, 2017). Drizzle over some burata and tomatoes for the perfect summer salad.
10. Most importantly, have fun! The best part of picnics is the joy!